Thursdays at 10:15 a.m-Book Babies with Miss Wendy will be at the Elkin Public Library. Featuring stories & songs for you and your baby. The program last for 20-25 minutes. Age 0-24 months and their caregiver.
Children’s Story Hours: The Elkin Public Library • 10:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 2 and 3 year olds • 11:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 4 and 5 year olds
Thursdays at 10:30, Boonville Community Public Library will have Preschool story time for ages 2-5 year olds. This will consist of stories, songs, and crafts. Call 367-7737.
6.00 p.m every third Tuesday of every month The American Business Women’s Association(ABWA)-Carolina Tri-Way Charter Chapter meets at Matty’s restaurant in Elkin on North Bridge Street. The ABWA brings together business women of diverse occupations and provides opportunities to grow personally & professionally through leadership, education, networking & national recognition. Call Laurette Leagon 336-366-9122.
We still have one Cookbook left from our Taste of Home Cooking Show. It is just $10 and will make a great Gift. So hurry and spend that Christmas money ! You will also receive a free Taste of Home Magazine with the purchase of the Cookbook.
December 2012 – January 2013, Mountain Valley Hospice will have “28 Days of Giving” raffle. Tickets are on sale now for $10.00 each. Prizes to be drawn in the Month of February 2013. Lots of prizes to be given away. A Trip to Myrtle Beach Vacation, Kindle Fire HD, $100 Shopping Spree, Wake Forest Basket Ball Tickets, Women’s ACC Tournament Tickets, Gift Cards to local Merchants. Proceeds will help to take care of hospice patients who don’t have insurance. To get your tickets call 336-789-2922 or visit your local Hospice Office.
January 1st – March 31st 2013, The American Red Cross will be having “Building a better Blood Supply” promotion. Plan to donate and you will have a chance to win a $1,000 gift card from a home improvement store. The need for blood is constant. The Red Cross relies on Donor’s to fulfill needs for the communiy. Call 336-416-4016
Music at Fiddles Pub will be presented by “Almost Irish Band”.
Music at Fiddles Pub is TBA.
• 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. NC Cooperative Extension will have a Carbohydrates class”How do you measure up” at the Reeves Community Center-(Kids Klub Room Lower Level) in Mt. Airy. To reserve your spot. Call 336-401-8025.
Music at Fiddles Pub will be presented by : “Little Stevie Blue Shoes”
Music at Fiddles Pub will be presented by: “13th Tribe”.
• 1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The William J. Jones Post 7794 VFW in Elkin is sponsoring a blood drive with the American Red Cross at the Elkin Rescue Squad Building, 946 N Bridge Street. All types of blood are needed. For more information Call 366-9751 or email email@example.com.
Jan 22, 24 & 29
• 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Join Joanna Radford for classes on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP). You must attend all 3 classes to receive a certificate. The meeting will be held at the NC Cooperative Extension Office in Dobson, NC. Please call for more information or to register (336)401-8025.
Music at Fiddles Pub will be presented by: “Larry Wishon”.
Diana’s Bookstore will host Rhythm on Main’s “Story time with Mr. Will”. For more information visit Rhythm on Main on facebook.
• 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Yadkin Christian Ministries will hold a Chicken Stew & Gospel Singing Fundraiser at Longtown P.H. Church at 1409 Longtown Road, Yadkinville. No admission but donations will be accepted to help neighbors in need with cost of heating this winter. Food will be served. Music will be provided by Total Praise and The Enon Boys. There will also be a silent auction for homemade cakes. Event sponsored by local churches.
Music at Fiddles Pub will be presented by: “Libby Haynes”.
• 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. NC Cooperative Extension will have a class ”Loving Your Heart- It Matters” at the NC Cooperative Extension in Dobson. To reserve your spot, call 336-401-8025.
• 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. NC Cooperative Extension will have a class ”Moving with Diabetes-What You Need to Know” at the Reeves Community Center Kids Klub Room Lower Level) in Mt. Airy. To reserve your spot, call 336-401-8025.
• 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. NC Cooperative Extension will have a class ”Coping with Rain” at NC Cooperative Extension in Dobson. To reserve your spot, call 336-401-8025.
• 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. NC Cooperative Extension will have a class ”Spring into Action-Managing Highs & Lows” at The Reeves Community Center-Kids Klub Room, Lower Level. To reserve you spot, call 336-401-8025.
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. NC Cooperative Extension will have a class ”Decoding Fat: Is it Good or Bad?” at The NC Cooperative Extension in Dobson. To reserve you spot, call 336-401-8025.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.