The Yadkin County Department of Social Services will be taking applications for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program beginning Dec. 3, 2012 and continuing through Jan. 31, 2013 or until the funds are depleted, whichever occurs first.
The program will target two groups of HH’s; the first group will be for those HH’s that include anyone living in the home who is age 60 or older and the 2nd group will be those HH’s who have at least one person who is disabled and receiving Social Security, SSI or Veteran’s disability benefits AND are receiving services thru the Division of Aging and Adult Services.
If there are funds remaining after January 31, application taking will be open to the general public.
Applications will be taken at the Department of Social Services located at 250 Willow Street, Yadkinville. The office will be taking applications from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program is a One-Time payment for assistance with heating costs; the payment will be made directly to the heating vendor and all approvals will be based upon the availability of funds.
All requested information must be received from the client in 10 business days from the date of the application or the application will be denied.
Please bring the following information to apply:
1. Income information/wage stubs for the month prior to the month of application AND a copy of your electric bill or name of the oil company and the name in which the account is listed.
2. Checking and/or Savings account statements for the month prior to the month of application.
3. Information about stocks, bonds and other assets.
4. Name, date of birth and social security card for each household member.
5. If you are applying for someone other than yourself, you must bring a copy of your Power of Attorney form for the person for whom you are applying.
If you have questions, you may contact the agency at 679-4210 extension 7543.