Residents of the Town of Yadkinville will receive new recycling carts next week, replacing the 18 gallon recycling bins. Republic Services of North Carolina will be delivering new 64 gallon recycling carts August 13th and 14th. The new 64 gallon cart will provide additional capacity for recyclable items. Beginning the following week, residents can recycle all plastics numbered one through seven.
Other new items you can recycle at the curb include:
• Wide-mouth plastic containers and lids, like sour cream and yogurt containers
• Empty aerosol cans, like hair spray and deodorant (not paint)
• Hard plastic bins, baskets and toys
• Juice boxes
• Coated plastic cartons, like soy milk
• Shredded paper in a clear plastic bag
• All colors of glass
• Plastic clam shell containers for berries
All previously accepted recyclables will go in the new cart as well, including aluminum cans, cereal and food boxes, corrugated cardboard, newspaper, junk mail, magazines, phone books, metal cans and glass.
There are still some items that cannot be recycled. Do not place Styrofoam, foil, plastic bags or plastic wrap in the roll out carts. And, as always, pizza boxes are not recyclable.
Thanks to the convenience of roll out carts and a higher number of accepted items, recycling participation is expected to increase diverting additional tonnage from the landfill and reducing the Town’s over all solid waste disposal. For more information please contact Town Manager Christopher Ong at (336) 679-8732.